Sunday 2 August 2015

Monkey World

Monkey World,Ape Rescue Centre.



monkey world assists goverments around the world to stop the smuggling of primates from the wild.at the centre refugees of the illegal trade as well as those that have suffered abuse or neglect are rehabilitated into natural living groups.



based in Wareham Dorset come and give them a visit their new summertime opening hours for July and August are 10-6pm with last entries an hour before closing time.




We went for a day trip,I don't drive so we went by train from Weymouth to Wool station for a return for 1 adult and 1 child was under £7.00 while using the family railcard so very good. from Wool station we took a taxi to the Centre costing just £5.00 which was pretty reasonable especially when the alternative was walking along the side of the road as their was no paths.our entrance fee for 1 adult and 2 children was just £26.00 and I wont lie I was worried there wouldn't be much there to do and see with the entrance price being so cheap but I was totally wrong,monkey world was actually pretty big and the walks around the forest area itself was so pretty and enjoyable..monkey world primates included:


  • Hananya's Chimpanzees
  • Butch's Chimpanzees
  • Paddy's Chimpanzees
  • Sally's Chimpanzees
  • Tuan's Orang-utans
  • Gordon's Orang-utans
  • Nursery Orang-utans
  • Golden-Cheeked Gibbons
  • Siamang Gibbons
  • Mueller's Gibbons
  • Lar Gibbons
  • Agile Gibbon
  • Monkeys & Prosimians


monkey world has a couple of smaller play areas and also one big area called the Great Ape Play Area,there are also eating areas,picnic areas,toilets and baby changing,first aid room,a sensory statue,gift shop,adoption information centre and much more.

A very enjoyable day out that I highly recommend.


If you like my blog then why not give me a follow on my other social network sites:




Some pictures from our day...




























8 comments:

  1. I really want to go here. Looks like a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monkeys are all so cute! Definitely want to visit this some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a fun day out!

    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to go here for ages! Great pictures! The last zoo I went to the monkeys were so much fun to watch x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love watching monkeys,they r fun,cute and soooo darn cheeky hehe

      Delete

my mini Superhero's

my mini Superhero's