Why have I never before realized there was so many ways to use bananas rather than throwing them away or having to eat them as they are or in sarnies?
Well we are finally learning and next up we made a Banana Cake.
What you will need:
- 170g butter(softened)
- 170g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170g self raising flour
- 2 ripe or over ripe bananas
- cream the butter into the sugar
- gradually add the eggs and flour
- mash the bananas and add them to the batter, mix well to ensure there are no lumps as otherwise they will sink to the bottom of the cake(i used our food blender to smooth out the bananas before adding it to the mixture.
- grease and flour a loaf tin and pour in the batter
- bake at 180C for approximately 1 hour,or until the blade of a knife comes out of the cake clean-if sticky it needs a bit longer.
- check after it has baked for 30 minutes and cover with grease-proof paper if it has started browning too quickly to prevent it from burning.