Tuesday 25 February 2014

Salter Review

I recently had the opportunity to work with Salter  Housewares itself begun life in the late 1760 in the village of Bilston,England.at t this time Richards Salter a spring maker,begun making 'pocket steelyards',a scale similar to the fisherman's scale of today.

located in the UK,USA &Canada with distribution to over 100 countries world-wide,still enjoying the #1 brand for bathroom scales in the UK and now part of the highly successful HoMedics group the company is now set for continued growth and product extension.

 i recieved to test and review the Salter Vintage Scale,Heston Blumenthal Precision Professional Whisk and the Dashboard Goal Tracker Scale.

 Salter Vintage Scale(120 CMDR)

  • £29.99
  • Exclusive Salter design
  • Bespoke Heritage packaging
  • metric and imperial measures
  • large,easy to read arched dial
  • practical 1 litre stainless steel bowl
  • heavyweight moulded body
  • high gloss finish in traditional cream

Heston Blumenthal Precision Professional Whisk(for whisking in plenty of air)
  • £11.99
  • Professional whisk which has been carefully designed for excellant whisking and comfort
  • Large 7.5cm diameter balloon for whisking  in plenty of air
  • Ergonomic and non-slip handle
  • Dishwasher-safe
 Dashboard Goal Tracker Scale
  • £34.99
  • Set your goal weight
  • Tracks your progress
  • 8 user memory
  • Easy to read backlit dashboard display
  • Step on for instant weight reading
  • Max weight 23st x 0.2lb
  • Product dimensions: 31.2 x 30.2 x 2.4
  • Batteries 4 x AAA
  • Guarantee: 15 years

My thoughts:

All products arrived undamaged in a box with lots of padding for extra protection,each product came with easy to follow instructions the first one we tested was the Dashboard Goal Tracker Scale.
I really liked how super slim it is i remember as a child my mum having a really bulky heavy one so it was lovely to see how far we have come along and how modern it looks as well as slim and lightweight. easy to use buttons and display screen i also loved the rubber anti slip bits on the bottom offering extra stability when in use,easy to set up we literally was using withing 5 minutes of removing from the box.






Next up the Heston Blumenthal Precision Professional Whisk and the Salter Vintage Scale.to put these to the test we decided to bake some fairy cakes.
I loved the colour of the Vintage scales i also liked how they reminded me of the big ones you used to see in the old style sweet shops with the jars of sweets in the window and you went in to buy your fave boiled sweet/bon bon and would excitedly wait as they would get measured out to match the amount you wanted to spend. i love the glossy finish,again easy to use and clean which is a must for any busy household.
Now as for the whisk i wont lie i was worried about how well it was going to work due to the large size and the small quanity of mixture i had to mix up,but it did a great job had a few sticky episodes of the mixture getting caught between the bars of the whisk itself but a quick flick and it came straight out ready to continue.
Overall i was very impressed by all 3 products by Salter.






And here are the fairy cakes yum yum :)







Disclosure: i was not paid to do this review only to keep the product as a thank you for the time put into my review,all thoughts and opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to try the weighing scales, I should really get some new ones as the current ones I have are some cheap ones from Tesco I bought about 7 years ago!

    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute images, I've been sent some cooking goodies, no idea what to make, think I need a chef hat to get me in the mood :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage scales - remind me of cooking with my Mum when I was little (love the chef hat too!)

    ReplyDelete

my mini Superhero's

my mini Superhero's